Wirral Family Safety Unit - Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) Service
We provide support to victims and their families who are experiencing domestic abuse. We also provide support for people experiencing or at risk from harmful practices; honour based abuse and forced marriage.
Who we support...
- Anyone over 16 years of age
What we can help with...
Wirral Family Safety Unit is a team of qualified Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVAs). An advocate is independent of police and social care.
- You will be listened to. You will be believed. If the IDVA is unable to advise or support you, they will identify someone who can.
- You can get support for your children and the impact your relationship has had on them
- They will assess your risk and together agree a plan to provide you with support and safety to reduce the risk to you and your children.
- They can support you with ending an abusive or dangerous relationship as safely as possible.
- They can provide information about housing and how you will manage financially.
- Your IDVA can assist with any civil action such as going to court for a non-molestation order or injunction to keep you and your family safe.
You can contact the Family Safety Unit on 0151 666 4914. In an emergency always dial 999.
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm